Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Cave Faun, Cave Faun

Cave Faun fantasy art

Here's the latest progress shot of Mr. Faun. I just compared this image to the previous one, and some of the additions/changes I like, some I don't, and then the rest I'm just not sure about. I've mainly added additions and texture to the cave environment, but also worked on the creature some as well. I'm not sure how much of this is obvious on initial viewing. I've been painting on a handful of different pieces, and have only gotten a limited amount done on this one.

I'm finishing this piece in Painter, after all. I've been painting with it almost solely for the past several days and I'm definitely getting more comfortable with it. Not only with the various brushes, but also the shortcuts. I spent a few minutes last week setting up additional ones. Things like flipping the image horizontally and flattening layers.

I'm really enjoying working with Painter, and I may devote a special post to it soon. The new version, Painter X has some very neat features like the divine proportion and layout tools. I also like the custom brush palette, although I'm not sure if that was reinstated from Painter 8, or if it was in Painter 9 as well.

No comments: